GOLDEN WALL (Kashavaru Kandu)
- Experience level: easy diving, also suitable for beginners, because there is seldom a strong current.
- Coral life: Beautiful coral life (table coral) on the top reef and Granite Wall full of small soft coral (alcyonaria).
- Fauna: it’s possible to see napoleons, turtles, moray eels and a lot reef fish. In open water you can see pelagic fish.
- Particular features: caves and overhangs. Beautiful coral life.
- During north-east monsoon: mostly current flows from north to south so the reef is on your right side. You’ll find overhangs between 8 and 30 mt; when caves finish, go up to about 10 mt and you can see beautiful table corals (acropora) and many colorful reef fish. On the top reef is common to meet turtles.
- During south-west monsoon: mostly current flows from south to north so the reef is on your left side; otherwise same as north-east monsoon season.
- Safety considerations: not recommended when there are big Waves ’cause you feel constantly the wave surge.